Cooperative Bank is a bank founded in 1965 that focused on the needs of cooperative societies in Kenya. It has grown at a high rate and it now also focuses on the needs of individuals, small businesses, and corporations. To date, it has established a good customer base with over 7.5 million accounts countrywide. As a result, there was a need to introduce mobile banking service for customers to access the banks’ service anytime and anywhere. Therefore, Mcoop Cash App was developed to transact freely without physically traveling to the Cooperative Bank, saving a lot of time for customers.
In this article, we introduce you to the Mcoop cash service and how to use it.
What is Mco-op Cash?
Mco-op cash is an initiative of Cooperative Bank of Kenya that enable their customers to access banking services on mobile devices through USSD or app. Using USSD code is having to dial *667# or installing the app on your device. The services that you can access through this Mco-op cash are:
- Depositing or saving money.
- Applying or paying loans.
- Sending money to other Mco-op Cash Account, Co-op Bank Account or a SACCO Account
- Sending money to other mobile services
- Withdrawing money at a Co-op Agent or ATM
- Transferring money to and from Co-op or SACCO Account.
- Buying airtime for any number.
- Paying bills such as KPLC tokens.
- Paying for goods and services.
- Paying fees
- Checking account balance or getting bank statements.
- Buying, selling, or transferring shares.
- To active SMS alerts for debits and credits.
How to Register Mcoop Cash
Mcoop Cash registration is done at the bank. Visit any co-op bank branch near you with your original ID card and KRA pin certificate for Mcoopcash registration and account linking for you to access Mcoopcash services.
How Do I activate the Mco-op Cash?
If you have a Cooperative Bank account, you can easily activate Mcoop cash. You can activate the Mcoop cash application right from your phone. Follow the steps below
Step 1. On your phone, dial *667#
Step 2. Next, input your Mcoopcash pin
Step 3. After that reply with 98. More
Step 4. Next reply with 16. Other services
Step 5. Then, reply with 7. Activate the Mcoopcash app.
How Do I Withdraw Money from Cooperative Bank to Mpesa?
To withdraw from Cooperative Bank, it is easy to use the USSD code favorable for all types of phones by following the following steps:
- Dial *667# and register for the service first and a menu will pop out.
- Choose Mobile money
- Select the M-Pesa option
- Fourthly, enter the number you wish to transfer money to.
- Enter your Cooperative account number
- Enter amount to withdraw
- Confirm the details entered.
- Click okay.
How to Withdraw money from Mcoop Cash app to Mpesa
To withdraw money from Mcoop Cash app to Mpesa, do the following
Step 1. Open the Mcoop cash app and enter your PIN
Step 2. On the menu, click “Send to Mobile.”
Step 3. Choose to Mpesa
Step 4. Choose your number or enter somebody’s number to send the money
Step 5. Enter the amount and click “Send.”
How Do I Reset my Mco-op Cash PIN?
To reset Mco-op cash, the service is only available through *667# by following the following steps:
- Dial *667# and enter option 1
- Accept the terms and conditions by pressing 1
- Enter the National ID number or passport number that you used to register with.
- Select option 1. which is resetting the PIN through Mpesa transactions or 2 by calling 0703 027000.
- For option 1, am Mpesa screen will request you to confirm the deposit of Ksh1.00 to your account by entering the M-Pesa PIN. If wrong, you will be prompted to repeat the process.
- After M-Pesa PIN, you will receive an SMS with the 6-digit password, which expires after 30 minutes. In case of expiration, you will repeat the process. If no password, call 0703 027000.
- Dial *667# again and enter the password sent to you.
- It will prompt you to enter and confirm your preferred new Mco-op cash PIN.
What if my Mco-op Cash app is not working?
If Mcoop is not working, consider doing the following
- If the Mco-op Cash app is not working, make sure that you are connected to the internet and have enough bundles to use it.
- Secondly, check whether it is under maintenance as a site needs to be maintained through social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Alternatively, dial *667# and you will access all the services provided by the Mco-op cash PIN.
Mcoop cash customer care
To contact Mcoop cash customer care call this number 0703 027 000.