In our last tutorial we learned How To Make Kebab Curry at home. Today, let us learn how to make Cajun Chicken Pasta a meal for three. Cajun Chicken Pasta is a very rich and delicious pasta recipe that is very easy to make.
You will need Cajun seasoning which is a blend of spices such as salt, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes, It’s one of my favorite seasoning for marinating chicken and fish.
You can simply pick and choose whichever of the mentioned spices to marinate your chicken with. You don’t have to go out of your way to get the spice itself, most of the ingredients are easy to find.
The best chicken part to use for this recipe is the thigh, because it’s more flavourful compared with the breast. For added flavour, marinate the chicken overnight but if you’re pressed for time, 2 hours should be okay. You can use any pasta of your choice for this recipe.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
To serve: 3 people
- 300gms Chicken thigh
- Pasta of your choice, Tagliatelle, Spaghetti or Vermicelli
- 1/4 cup sliced mushroom
- 1/4 cup double cream
- 40gms butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper and 1/2 yellow pepper sliced
- Chopped coriander/parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Royco cube
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt to taste
1. Wash and cut the chicken into cubes. In a glass bowl, mix the Cajun seasoning, garlic and cumin powder and Royco cubes. Add in the chicken chunks and mix them well. Let it marinate overnight in a refrigerator for best results.
2. Heat water in a cooking pot, add in the pasta once it’s boiled, let it cook till its tender. Drain and refresh your pasta.
3. Next, you need to heat your butter in a pan.From there, add garlic and let it sauté before you add in the marinated chicken. Fry till it’s browned all over and set it aside.
4. In the same pan, add the cooking oil and add the sliced onions, once they are translucent, add in the mushrooms and let cook for a minute, and then add the red and yellow peppers. Add back your chicken and mix them together.
5. Add the chicken stock and stir, let cook till it reduces to half, Add in your cooking cream and reduce the heat to low. Stir for 2- 3 minutes and add in the pasta. Combine them with 2 folks.
6. After that, Let it simmer till the cream dries up.
7. Finally, Serve your Cajun Chicken Pasta hot.
Also Read How To Cook Pilau