Mmh, what a way to spice your day than with some awesome curry!!!!!
Well, Curry simply means any dish which has a richly spiced sauce cooked with meat or vegetables. In other words, curry is a spice with a golden-yellow color used to make richly spiced meat or vegetable dishes. It sold in most supermarkets spice sections in Kenya.
A curry looks like just one spice, it is actually a mixture of various Eastern/Asian spices, including coriander, cumin, turmeric, ginger and cloves. There is a plant that produces curry leaves and has the taste and smell of a curry spice.
Apart from making a tasty meal, curries also have a lot of health benefits to our bodies! Turmeric, cumin and coriander are the three main ingredients of most curries-they have anti-inflammatory and naturally cleansing agents that strengthen and detoxify our bodies.
Curries are common dishes in: India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, and England just to mention a few.
How To Make Kebab Curry:
INGREDIENTS. (To serve 3).
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- ½ kg minced meat
- 3 onions;- 1 finely chopped, 2 sliced
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 3 green chilies chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 lime- squeezed
- 1 teaspoon garlic- finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger- minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Garlic and ginger paste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients (minced meat, black pepper, finely chopped onions, green chilies,freshly lime juice, cumin powder, garlic and salt) in a bowl.
- Add in the eggs and bread crumbs, these two will aid in binding together all the ingredients and hold the kebabs in shape.
- Pre-heat the oven
- Make round shapes out of the mixed together ingredients, place the meat balls in a baking tray and bake at 200’c until brown and cooked.
- Sauté the sliced onions in oil till they are golden brown, add in the garlic and ginger paste.
- Mix in the freshly peeled and chopped tomatoes and tomato paste and let it cook for about three minutes.
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper and 10ml water and bring it to a thick paste then add in the cooked meat balls. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve your curry with turmeric rice and garnish with the freshly chopped coriander leaves
For More Information: